EXPANSION VESSELS FOR HOT AND COLD DOMESTIC WATER
Preload expansion vessels with replaceable membrane for installation of solar energy
Tanks made of welded steel made from two bottoms and curved metal sheet ring connected to each other through welding cords, made following the procedures and with homologated staff according to the European Directory 97/23/CE for Pressure Units.
All the expansion vessels of our DP/VA, DP/VAV and DP/VAO types are manufactured, tested, checked and certified by our company.
All the types DP/VA and DP/VAV are intended for vertical installation, and types DP/VAO are for horizontal installation.
Expansion vessels type DP/VA, DP/VAV and DP/VAO are designed to be used in installations hot and cold domestic water. They allow absorbing the rise in the volume caused by the water heating, avoiding the pressure of the circuit to exceed the nominal pressure of its components.
- Minimize the water hammer shock.
- Reduction of consumption of electric energy and water saving, due to it lightens the safety unit and drip leaks of water are not produced.
Once connected the expansion vessel to the circuit to which is intended, the pump start to raise the pressure letting the water filling in the membrane (see image 1).
The replaceable membrane avoids the contact between the air and the water, preventing any pressure loss, contamination or corrosion.
The pump stops when the pressure reaches its maximum threshold value. There is the greatest quantity of water inside the tank. The membrane is dilated and it occupies almost all the volume of the tank. If the installation requires it, the water starts flowing out of the tank without using the pump, using the pressure of the air that is inside the pressurized chamber (see image 2)
The water continues flowing out, the membrane deflates until the pressure reaches the minimal pressure of the installation. At this state, the membrane is back to its initial dimensions, the pump starts again and a new cycle begins (see image 3)
When cold water is used, the quantity of water is the maximum possible for each moment, so pump insertions are reduced to the minimum.
At the moment of setting up the vessel in a solar installation, the following points must be borne in mind:
· Before proceeding to the installation, make sure that the expansion vessel volume has been calculated by the authorized staff.
· The expansion vessel must be placed on and inlet pipe of cold water, between the safety unit and the hot water producer, or the cold water network.
· There must be no device which can close the connection between the expansion vessel and the hot water producer.
· Avoid radiations near the expansion vessel to protect membrane against the possible rises in temperature.
· The expansion vessel will be installed in such way that airbeds cannot be produced.
- At least once every six months, check through the inflating valve that the air chamber pressure is maintained in the correct values. The inspection of these values must be carried out with the installation cold and depressurized.
- Never disassemble the expansion vessel without having depressurized the installation previously.
- When the installation is filling with water, make sure the pressure indicated in the manometer exceeds slightly to the static pressure of the installation. Keep the installation at the maximal working temperature during half a day, eliminate the air of the system and replace it by water
- Protect the expansion vessel from the inclemency of the weather.
- Replaceable EPDM membrane
- Temperature conditions: -10 ºC to +100 ºC
- CE marked according to Directory PED 97/23/CE.
- Galvanized steel flange with inner protection of polypropylene in the contact zone with the water.
- External finish colour: blue RAL 5015 up to 500 litres and red RAL 3000 for 750 litres. Download Product pdf